We have no doubt that you have concerns about staying safe as the pandemic continues, and those concerns include healthcare office visits. We share your concerns and we take them extremely seriously. That is why Dr. Hansen has researched the most protective measures when preparing the office for a return to this new, changed environment.
For everyone’s safety, please be aware of the following:
- On the day before your scheduled your appointment, you will receive a HIPAA Compliant Electronic COVID-19 Screening Form, which will be sent via text message or email. This form must be completed electronically prior to your appointment. If we do not receive this form, we will need to reschedule you.
- Your temperature will be taken before you enter our office. Patients with a fever will not be allowed in and the appointment will be rescheduled. If you are not feeling well, even without a fever, we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- You must wear a mask while inside our office, except during your actual treatment.
- Only the patient should come to the appointment, unless the patient is a minor, or needs special assistance. Please limit the number of caregivers accompanying the patient to one.
Even before COVID-19, infection control was always a top priority. Now the safety of our patients and team is at the forefront of our attention. Some of the new safety precautions we are taking include:
- Strict social and physical distancing measures are in place, such as minimizing time in waiting areas, spacing chairs at least six feet apart, and limiting the number of patients we see every day.
- The office is rigorously and repeatedly cleaned and disinfected, concentrating on frequently touched surfaces in exam rooms and waiting areas.
- We have begun using an EPA approved, broad-spectrum surface disinfectant - it is more effective than bleach at killing Coronavirus, yet biologically safe.
- We have installed a brand new Medify Air and Winix Air Purfication system which filters and turns over our office air three times per hour.
- Our dental team will be wearing the appropriate PPE as mandated by the CDC and all staff will have daily temperature checks.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call (718)783-0530. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Kevin Hansen & Staff